The 21st Century classroom is student centered, self directed and focused on creating life-long learners.
The 21st century learner is an innovator, a collaborator, a critical thinker, a problem solver, a global and ethical citizen, a communicator.
The 21st century learner is multi-media literate, a digital native.
A 21st century Student is a Problem Solver and Critical Thinker:
- uses multiple resources to plan, solves complex problems in real time.
- uses technology to develop and demonstrate essential skills.
- uses high order thinking skills to answer open-ended questions.
- thinks analytically.
A 21st century Student is fluent in Multi-media, Research & Information technology:
- uses appropriate tools to assemble, evaluate and utilize information.
- is a digital native and uses basic, scientific, visual and technological literacies.
- uses resources to accomplish real-world tasks.
- has multicultural literacy and global awareness.
- applies varied research skills to find and evaluate resources.
A 21st century Student is a Collaborator and Communicator:
- communicates and collaborates with learners of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- collaborates teams to solve real world problems.
- creates original work.
- initiates communication in real and non real time.
A 21st century Student is Creative and an Innovator:
- curious, creative and a risk-taker.
- applies critical thinking skills, research methods and communication tools to create original work.
- higher order thinker and has sound reasoning skills.
- collaborates effectively to produce relevant and high quality work.
- adapts, manages complexities and self-directs.